- Architectural design and construction detailing
- Planning applications
- Building Regulations applications
- Measured dimensional surveying
Architectural Services in Carnforth, Lancashire and Yorkshire
Our services include:
Our typical design projects include:
- House extensions
- Loft, basement and garage conversions
- Alterations, such as knocking through kitchens or bathroom reconfiguration
- New build individual bespoke houses
- Conversion of existing buildings
- Measured surveys to produce building and site plans for various uses
- Initial consultation – contact us and we will arrange a free initial consultation (subject to availability and location), usually on site, to discuss ideas, viability and potential of your project, and develop the design brief with you. We will then provide you with a quotation for the relevant services and applications, which can be tailored to suit your needs.
- Survey – this is our starting point, to collect dimensions and information for accurate design and calculations.
- Design – taking the initial brief, we will explore ideas and review possible options with you before refining and finalising the design to the optimum that best suits your requirements and budget.
- Planning Application – once the design is agreed, we submit a planning application or enquiries as necessary, along with any other applications such as Listed Building Consent
- Construction Detailing and Calculations, Building Standards – we detail the technical construction drawings, typically at 1:50 or 1:25 scale, in order to work through all new areas of building work and interface with existing buildings and site features. We also undertake basic structural and thermal calculations in house, or liaise with a Structural Engineer or SAP Assessor for more complex projects before submitting the Building Regulations Application.
- Co-ordination of Specialist Installations – we include items such as fittings and furnishings layouts in our design process to ensure the resulting building is co-ordinated with the things that are to go into it, which helps us to plan services (electrical, plumbing and heating) as well as liaising with any specialist installations (lighting, central vacuum systems, audio-visual equipment, smart house systems) and garden design and external work.
- Associated Services – we liaise with other professionals to undertake specialist work as necessary, such as Structural Engineering, Budget Estimating, Landscape Design, Ecology Surveys, SAP Energy Assessments, NHBC Warranties.
We have been in business since 2005 and have successfully undertaken over 500 domestic projects. Our directors have a combined 60 years of experience in architectural practice.
We can help with anything from a bathroom refurbishment up to a full new build house.
We also cover small commercial projects, healthcare, factory, retail, church and office sectors.
Whether you’re simply looking for the production of some drawings and designs, or for a fuller service, co-ordinating fittings and finishes, we’ll tailor our provision to suit your needs.
Get in touch with us today for a free consultation to discuss your project.
We cover Lancashire, Cumbria, Sheffield, Peak District, Yorkshire, and surrounding areas and will travel further if required.